Capital Reading Group (Fall 2018)
Capital Reading Group is back! Join us every other Friday to read and discuss Karl Marx’s masterwork!
F 2-4PM, Williams Hall 440
We are always happy to see new faces! If you have questions, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply attend the first meeting!
Marx, Karl. Capital: A Critique of Political Economy, Volume I. 1976. Introduced by Ernest Mandel, translated by Ben Fowkes, Penguin Classics, 1990.
***We strongly suggest buying a copy of the Penguin edition in order to have the most thoughtful experience and to be able to move back and forth collectively at all times.***
- August 31: Chapters 11-14 (pp. 417-491 of the Penguin edition)
- September 14: Chapter 15 (Part I, pp. 492-564)
- September 28: Chapter 15 (Part II, pp. 565-639)
- October 12: Chapters 16-22 (pp. 643-706)
- October 26: Chapters 23-24 (pp. 709-761)
- November 9: CANCELED
- November 30: Chapter 25 (pp. 762-870)
Other available resources:
Mandel, Ernest. An Introduction to Marxist Economic Theory. Resistance Books, 2002.
Heinrich Michael. An Introduction to the Three Volumes of Karl Marx’s Capital. Translated by Alexander Locascio, Monthly Review Press, 2004.
Shapiro, Stephen. How to Read Marx’s Capital. Pluto Press, 2008.